Sunday, February 19, 2012

Eyebrow Kit

I feel like it is my duty as a girl, who loves makeup, to tell you all about what I have discovered. I have just started filling in my eyebrows this last year, only when going out to dinner or with friends, and bought the Benefit brow kit (seen below- the second one). It was very pricey at $30, but I thought it will do the job and I didn't really shop around after my brow lady (Benefit brow bar- AMAZING) convinced me. A few months later I saw E.L.F. had one that looked identical and for $3 I HAD to try. I didn't really expect much, after all it was a tenth what Benefit was, but I LOVED it! It was so much better, I thought, than my Benefit one! Since then, I have tried more E.L.F. products, even though I have been wary of the price-hence, you get what you paid for. However, the products I have tried from this brand are great!

 I will say that if you are looking for a great place to get your eyebrows waxed and live near an Ulta, check and see if they have a Brow Bar by Benefit because they all go by the same technique. I have had my eyebrows done at several salons and they are the only ones who will touch my eyebrows from now on (besides myself, of course)! The wax is great for people, like myself, who has sensitive skin and they teach you all you need to know for keep-up.

ELF (above)-$3: I like this because it didn't just lay on my eyebrows, it really blended down in and filled them in well. Gave the illusion that my eyebrows were fuller and matched very well!

Benefit- $30: This one matched pretty well, but I felt like it just stayed on top of my brows, rather than blending and covering the areas I wanted. It's a good product that works, I would just save the money and use a product that does the job (somewhat better) that is less expensive.

Hope this helps! What other beauty products have you found that are cheaper alternatives? Also, what are your favorite E.L.F. products?



2 comments:

  1. great post Gena. I'm actually on a hunt with a new eyebrow kit, this really helped thanks :)

    btw thanks for stopping by my blog. am now following u for sure.
    Hope u could follow back if you haven't done so :))

    http://makemeuppink25.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I totally needed some advice on that and now I know where I can get this and not spend a fortune :)
    newest follower.

    ReplyDelete